This Saturday, some friends from the bay area came to visit. We had dinner at
The Counter, a burger place in Santa Monica. It's cool because you can build your own burger. I opted for a 1/3 lb. veggie burger with jalapeno jack cheese, tomatoes, grilled onions, mixed baby greens, roasted red peppers, and country buttermilk ranch on a honey wheat bun. It was tasty. The veggie patty had lots of corn in it. It didn't try to taste like a hamburger. We shared some orders of sweet potato fries, regular fries, and crispy fried onion strings. I think this was the first time I had sweet potato fries. They were really good, served with horseradish sauce.
I was good, saying no to dessert that night, but blew it tonight as I sampled the decadent desserts at my bookclub meeting. I couldn't resist! Who knew I liked macaroons?

my veggie burger. photo by
mrjoro
No comments:
Post a Comment