The complete LA summer experience includes a trip to Dodger Stadium and the Hollywood Bowl (next on my list). Last night, the Dodgers beat the SF Giants 9-7. It was a fun night game despite the traffic. Barry Bonds gets booed wherever he goes. Am I the only one who thinks Garciaparra is an unusually long surname? I wonder if it's the combination of two last names, similar to LA mayor
Anthony Villaraigosa (Villa + Raigosa), who combined his and his wife's maiden name.
*edit*
Nomar is married to Mia Hamm, a two-time Olympic Gold Medal winner in women's soccer


dodger dogs

my free! hat, courtesy of san manuel indian bingo & casino
4 comments:
I'm with you ... it is an especially long surname. i had no idea he was married to Mia. hmmm learn something everyday. cd
Nomar's last name is a combination of his parents' last names Garcia + Parra. His name is also "Ramon" backwards. John says that Nomar's parents were hippies.
I was supposed to be at that Friday game too! But John and I were too tired so we gave our tickets to Everett and Rona.
-stefanie
aha! just as i suspected. thanks for the info. it was a fun game, but the traffic was horrible. it took us forever to finally park and then get our food :P we sat down during the 5th inning.
Post a Comment