Tuesday, September 19, 2006

newport beach

I was in Irvine this weekend for a work seminar, but still managed to make the most out of it. I finally went to Sprinkles for some gourmet cupcakes, albeit not the original location in Beverly Hills. My friend and I sampled (in order of best to worst): dark chocolate (amazing), red velvet, peanut butter chip, and vanilla (very disappointing).

Afterward, we went to Taste of Newport where we had food from several local restaurants and listened to a concert by the Go-Go's. They played favorites such as "Our lips are Sealed," "We Got the Beat," and "Vacation." They sounded great, even after 25 years. When they announced they are celebrating their 25th anniversary, one guy from the audience said, "NOOOO, don't say that. I'm not that old!"


it's the frosting and the presentation that makes these little cakes so good


chicken kabob and couscous from marrakesh in costa mesa


the go-go's

2 comments:

turtlepup said...

Me either...25 years??? I went and saw them when I was...in COLLEGE! Argh....

Anonymous said...

haha, funny :-)
those sprinkles were tasty! thanks for bringing more to the concert!