Sunday, April 15, 2007

dining in

Yesterday, I went to a tea party. I showed up an hour early by accident, but it worked out because the hostess needed help baking. I started by making the filling for the cupcakes. Neither of us found raspberries at the store, so we substituted with strawberries. People also made apricot, chocolate, and cranberry scones; lemon chiffon bundt cake; biscuits; chicken and spinach wraps; cheese and crackers; and ice cream sandwiches. Delicious!

After that dessertfest, I went to my friends' house for dinner. Steak and grilled veggies. My friend was impressed that I like my steak kinda red. I have become somewhat carnivorous in the last few years. I'm sure I've been influenced by my foodie friends. I once told my cousin about a guy who ordered a steak well-done at dinner. She said, "Ewww, gross! Get rid of him!"


strawberry cream cupcakes. really a fabulous recipe


scone with creme fraise and fruit


the vegetarian option--peppered tofu

3 comments:

turtlepup said...

hiya Amysan!

The food sounds and looks delish! As a tip, next time you are looking for raspberries out of season, try the frozen food section. Usually you can use frozen raspberries the same way you use the fresh ones (although you would not want to top your cupcakes w/them). :)tpup

amysan said...

yes, we thought of that, but one girl doesn't like raspberries. so we used strawberries instead. worked out well!

Anonymous said...

oo looks so yummy! :-) i love fooood. =/ =P