I don't normally watch the
Rose Parade on television. When I do, I usually fall asleep, but I decided this year was the year I see it live. My friends and I woke up in the dark after only a few hours of sleep to drive down to Pasadena and stake out a spot behind the die-hards who camped out all night. It was such a great experience! Now I know why parents drag their sleepy kids to watch this 120 year old tradition. The floats were amazing (the only things not allowed on a float are paint and artificial flowers) and the marching bands were spectacular. I'm up for doing it again, maybe (maybe!) even camping out.

air force B-2 Spirit flew overhead before the parade

sierra madre rose float association "bollywood dreams" and the pink furry hat that's in half my pictures

aguilas doradas marching band from pueblas, mexico

odd fellows and rebekahs "going to the fair"

the jack in the box "jack-o-licious" float parked in front of us for a while when one of the floats ahead stopped due to technical difficulties
No comments:
Post a Comment