Wednesday, March 25, 2009

oahu

I've always said I'm not much of a beach person, but that was before I stepped foot on a beach in Hawaii. Warm, clear water, soft, fine sand . . . I love the beach! And that's not all. I also like shave ice with ice cream, waking up early, running outdoors . . . maybe I just like vacation :). Words cannot describe and pictures don't do it justice, but here's a snapshot of Oahu.

















lanikai beach













waikiki beach at sunset


















magic island (but as far as i'm concerned, all of hawaii is magical)













view from diamond head crater



















hiking up manoa falls













hibiscus














u.s.s. arizona memorial, pearl harbor



















king kamehameha statue, downtown











6 kinds of poke, poi, spam musubi, taro mochi, kahlua pork, lomi salmon, lau lua, and shave ice, alicia's market













spicy shrimp plate, shrimp truck in the north shore













banana pancakes with macadamia nut sauce, boots & kimo's


















malasadas, leonard's bakery

4 comments:

turtlepup said...

so envious. it's still cold here and we never have anything that even resembles those lovely banana pancakes w/mac nut sauce. mmmmmmm....

amyjae said...

mmmm... what a great trip!! i want to try some of that famous shaved ice!

Anonymous said...

How did you like the malasadas? I had them on the Big Island at Tex Mex Drive in and they were the BOMB!

Anonymous said...

mmmmmmm...fresh malasadas! i'm so jealous. can't wait to go back myself. glad you had fun! you deserve it!!! n.t.