since returning from italy, i've been obsessed with fresh figs (not fig jam or fig newtons). i must eat them as soon as i get my hands on them. people have been kind enough to share with me their homegrown figs--soft, ripe, and oozing with gooey sweetness. thus, i am SO over the unevenly ripened, bland store-bought ones.
my cousin said she expected me to post pictures of them soon. i love pictures, but i guess i love figs more. i only remembered to take a picture after i had eaten the ripest of the bunch. sadly, these pictures are portraits and not group shots :P.

2 comments:
OMG Amy. I share your obsession with figs too. I don't like the store bought kind either. The homegrown ones are the best. AN
I know what to get you for your b-day, Amysan...a FIG TREE!!! Better check out the back garden now and pick a nice sunny spot! ;o)
Post a Comment