I finally made it out to see Avatar 3D since I was told this was the last weekend to see it in IMAX. I can see what all the hype is about. The visual effects were spectacular and I felt like I was right there next the palm fronds and charging beasts, but I'm not sure that's what I really want. Before the movie, they showed a trailer for Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland in 3D IMAX. Yikes! I don't want the Cheshire cat or Johnny Depp's Mad Hatter in my face. Am I the only one who was freaked out by the evil witch in Captain EO?
I love watching movies as a mental break, a temporary escape from reality, but mostly as entertainment. I heard people are suffering from "Avatar Depression" after watching the movie because they wish they could live on the beautiful planet Pandora. Wow. At least they can find a community online to help them cope.
So, when Alice in Wonderland comes out, I won't be rushing to the theater. I'll wait for it to come out on DVD . I guess I'll pass the time by reading a book. in paperback. with the lights on.
No comments:
Post a Comment