So, I've been looking for ways to use up the loquats when a friend showed me a recipe from Cafe Liz. I'm going to make that for a party in a couple of weeks, but what to do with the oodles of loquats now? Ooh, brandied loquats!

i think loquats aren't more popular because people find them a hassle to peel and then have a low yield due to the large seeds. eh, i don't mind, but i do peel them with a knife to keep the bottom of my nails from turning brown

2 ingredients ... loquats and sugar

after only one night. okay, see you in 3 months!
5 comments:
Hi Amysan...
I love loquats. Not sure how I'll feel about them brandied, but it looked pretty good in the picture! I hope that there are some left to try come October (but understand if being 2 months late is just too much!).
Do you know what else you're allergic to? I haven't noticed itchiness with any fruit, but I now have some sort of oral allergy and can no longer eat raw cherries or apples...boo hoo! Especially given the really wonderful varieties of tasty apples that can be found here.
Look forward to seeing the updated picture after one month, two months, etc....
hi turtlepup!
i'll see if i can save some loquats for you. it will require me to fight off the wolves, however :P
i don't think i'm allergic to any other food. and i only itch after having maybe 10+ loquats. cherries and apples, how sad! at least you can still have pies and cobblers :). hopefully other stone fruits do not follow.
fyi, i made loquat lemon mint sorbet tonight and it is yummy!!!
Your loquats are looking good! I hope they come out well.
have you ever thought about making loquat jam? I've never tried it before, but it sounds like it might tast good. Aiko
AN--ooh, thanks for the suggestion! will have to look at the tree and see. i think the season is ending because the loquats aren't big anymore. the smaller they are, the less willing i am to put in the effort to peel and pit them :(
Post a Comment