Having ran the World Famous (there are many others which are not so famous) Mud Run in Camp Pendleton last year, I felt like a veteran this time around. My friends and I ran on Day 2 this year and noticed a big difference from last year. First, where's the support? No marines at the wall climbs and no cut oranges and bananas at the end. Did they all work Day 1 and decide to take the next day off? Boooo! Next, the hill at the end is much more slippery on Day 2. I guess 5,500+ wet bodies climbing on smelly dirt the day before will do that. If you're looking to get the best time, definitely sign up for Day 1. And, I forgot about the colored duct tape. Pink and purple duct tape on the shoes ... hot. Other than that, another fun time.
*edit* I was told there were oranges and bananas at the end. i guess we didn't go far enough. too eager to hit the showers. also, the marines are not required to work on the weekends, so thanks to all who volunteered to make this another great race!
No comments:
Post a Comment