I told her how I jumped off a 40' cliff on Monday (Labor Day). The water below was deep and I saw other people do it, so it looked safe. I felt fine about it until I read an article about how a girl, who was doing the same thing at the same place on the same day, missed the water and hit the rocks, injuring her legs and hips, and was transported to the hospital by helicopter. I watched the videos of my jump and my friends' jumps and concluded that the only way she could have gotten injured was if she had slipped and hit rocks on the way down. I only stepped off the cliff and I landed in the middle of the water. But still. What was I thinking? I retired from snowboarding and skiing once I started working because I didn't want to risk injury. Why did I think it was okay to jump off a cliff?
My friend asked me not to jump off any more cliffs. I asked her not to get into any more fights :).
hermit falls, big santa anita canyon, sierra madre, CA
No comments:
Post a Comment