Sunday, August 07, 2005

graffiti art

Today I went to the Jean-Michel Basquiat exhibit at the Museum of Contemporary Art (MOCA). Last night, I passed by the museum and saw a huge crowd outside for "MOCA After Dark," something they have on Saturday nights from 6pm to midnight. So cool. I liked the exhibit, especially the big, colorful works, but contemporary is not my favorite art era. Still, it's amazing to see what an impact he made in such a short time. He was about my age when he died of a drug overdose.

On a lighter note, brunch/lunch at a cafe in Long Beach was yummy. I had a cheese scramble with sausage, potatoes, and rye bread. On our way to the museum, I saw the set up for the X games, but couldn't get a good picture from the freeway. Last night, I had a closer view of the huge skateboard ramp, but didn't have my camera. I guess it wasn't meant to be.

For dinner, I went to my friend's parents' 30th anniversary BBQ. Lots of Vietnamese food and entertainment in the form of karaoke. A good time was had by all.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

vietnamese family functions are insane....i know. -DN