On Saturday night, my friends and I did the
Nike Run Hit Wonder. It's 5K/10K race around the streets of USC. Along the way are musical acts performing live on stage. This is the event's third year in existence. In the past, the acts were known for only one or two hits. This year, they had some bigger names (in order of appearance): The Donnas, Chingy, Fountains of Wayne, Nina Sky (10K only), The Aquabats, DJ Z Trip, and Joan Jett and The Blackhearts. We jogged/ran most of the race and stopped for the bands. It was cool because we were able to get really close. Not many people stopped to listen, though we stopped for 30 seconds to 30+ minutes. It took us an hour and a half to finish 5K (3.1 miles). Next time I won't wear jeans.

chingy

fountains of wayne
2 comments:
I love the Nike One Hit Wonder Run. When I ran it, I got to see Gerardo and Flock of Seagulls.
wow, so cool! i heard about the run! 2 girls from our church ran the 10k. but you're right, they didn't stop and listen to the free, live music! awesome! i wanna do something like that soon!
Post a Comment