Monday, November 21, 2005

the "shark tank"

With all the things going on in LA, it seemed like the wrong weekend to go out of town, but everything worked out for the best. I had plenty of activities waiting for me in the bay area. On Saturday, I played tennis and then went shooting. After a hot pot dinner, my cousin and I went to a Sharks vs. Coyotes game at HP Pavilion in San Jose. I love the energy at hockey games, all the "oohs" and "ahhs" of the crowd. That night the stadium was full. It was an exciting game and we were only two rows away from the ice. This year, the NHL enacted a new rule so that games can not end in a tie. I got to see this rule in action. The score was 3-3 at the end of regulation, so they went into a 5:00 overtime, but neither team scored, so they went to a shoot-out. Each team took three shots, but that ended in a tie as well, so they went to sudden death in the shoot-out. The Sharks lost 1-2 in the shoot-out, but they still get one point for losing in overtime rather than zero points for losing in regulation.

I had big plans for Sunday, but my body didn't allow it. I came down with food poisoning or something equally terrible, with abdominal pains and full body muscle aches. Maybe that was a reminder for me to slow down. I went to my old church and hung out with friends over ramen and gelato. It was fun catching up. I spent the remainder of my time resting and had an El Amigo burrito for dinner, yum yum. I did everything on my list and am feeling much better today :).


target shooting at 15 yards


wayne "the great one" gretzky is the head coach of the phoenix coyotes


shoot-out


banana pancakes at the original pancake house


ramen at maru ichi noodle house

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

MaruIchi--I hear good things about it, would you say it was the "best"--RN

amysan said...

hard to say. it was really good, but i was feeling very sick at the time. no appetite :(. i'll have to go again.