Sunday, November 06, 2005

slowing down

I had a pretty mellow weekend. I went to two parties, but didn't feel busy because I didn't have to organize or prepare anything. All I had to do was show up. The first one was a housecooling (opposite of housewarming) to celebrate my friend moving out of his apartment. No, we didn't trash the place. The second one was a birthday party. I did pick up a gift card from Starbucks, but that was easy. We had chips and salsa, carrots, tater tots, curly fries, bbq ribs, chicken, meatball/tomato soup, salad, rice, and rolls. Very impressive, especially since it wasn't a potluck. I've decided to cut down on sweets, so I refrained from eating cake (one calpico, one tiramisu), almond jello, and cream puffs.

6 comments:

w said...

You didn't say why you've decided to cut down on sweets!

Anonymous said...

hi amysan! =)
let's have a slow-down get-togethr soon! i just got back! and i want some food! =P j/k
going to events and not having to prep for stuff is a nice break. glad you enjoyed your slowing down weekend.

Anonymous said...

Oh No??? Why are you giving up the sweets??? RN

amysan said...

i decided i needed a change in my routine. giving up sweets is easier than changing my exercise regimen. it's not forever, but for an indefinite period of time. in the past, i've done it for months at time. however, i make exceptions for homemade goodies. i just can't resist the plea of, "you have to have some, amysan. i made it from scratch!"

Anonymous said...

i love almond jello. -DN

Anonymous said...

Cutting down on sweets?? Well, I'm glad to know it's not permanent.