Thursday, October 26, 2006

dry cleaning

I was at the dry cleaners today when I saw a big box on the counter. I asked the lady if there was a wedding dress inside. It was a box for a wedding dress, but it was still empty because the dress hadn't been cleaned yet. I asked how much they charge to clean and arranged a wedding dress in a display box. She said $100 and they require $50 up front (for all other items, the customer pays during pick-up). This is because sometimes people get separated or divorced within weeks of the wedding and don't pick up the dress. How sad :(.

On a lighter note, I start my vacation tomorrow! I get one week a year and this is it! I'm excited to get away, but the people I work with told me not to stay away too long. It's nice to know I'll be missed.

1 comment:

turtlepup said...

One week a year? Criminal! Hopefully, next year you'll be up for some cross-Atlantic travel for your vacation.... :)