Monday, August 13, 2007

pigging out and staring at the sky

Yesterday, I went to a birthday party where we feasted on a roasted pig (provided by our host), salad, noodles, rice, tamales, cake, and ice cream. After we were sufficiently stuffed, we drove a short distance to star gaze. The Perseid meteor shower peaks at this time of year and yesterday was a good night for viewing because there was no moon, making the evening sky extra dark. Lying on a blanket on the ground, I patiently waited and saw about 8-10 shooting stars, some of which were long and bright. One looked like the star at the end of those public service announcements that say “The more you know …” Very cool, though I forgot to make a wish.

celebrating island style! the roasted pig had crispy skin on the outside, tender, juicy meat on the inside

No comments: