Sunday, July 15, 2012

san diego comic-con

This year I decided I wanted to check out Comic-Con and see what all the fuss is about.  I knew it was popular, but I had no idea it sold out over 6 months prior to the event.  I knew it was big, but I didn't know it was 130,000 people big.  That made me want to go even more.  I'm not into comics or anime.  I don't watch TV or movies when they first come out.  I watch movies on DVD, but my Netflix queue is so backlogged I often put a vacation hold on my account even when I'm not on vacation.  Still, I needed to satisfy my curiosity.

My friend got me entry to the last day of the annual convention and it was really cool.  I didn't go to any of the panels, but I liked the displays, props, costumes, and giveaways.  Even though it was crowded, people were nice and courteous, posing for pictures and being helpful.  I enjoyed the experience, but after hearing some of the conversations from people who were really into all that stuff, I felt that Comic-Con was wasted on me.  There were so many people who would have happily gone in my place.







celebrity sighting ... Kevin Bacon promoting his new show, The Following
 

UFC fighter Nate Quarry.  Maybe he's in a zombie movie or tv show?


I saw all the original Batmobiles on display

almost nabbed Carmen Sandiego.  next time!


I saw Spaceballs before I saw Star Wars.  I guess that's why I didn't get the jokes.

Korra the Avatar

No comments: