Sunday, July 22, 2012

dogsitting


I'm more than halfway through my gig of dog-sitting while my friends are on vacation.  I was excited to see what it was like to care for a dog for two weeks, a sort of test drive, as I plan to one day adopt a dog.  It was fun, but also a lot of work.  I enjoyed having someone to care for who was always excited to see me, but I quickly tired of the jumping and scratches that came with it.  Also, run/walks were difficult because the dog was easily provoked by other dogs and cats.  I have to keep someone else out of trouble for a change :).

But, things turned for the better when I saw how calm she was with the "grandparents."  They were very generous with the treats, which I tried to avoid, but decided to give it a shot.  I started with a couple and soon didn't have to give her any to get her to stop jumping.  She knew what I expected of her and now I'm more happy to play with her.

one of the perks of the job is I get to eat the fruit from the fruit trees.  this morning I picked some delicious oranges and cherry tomatoes.  the fruit picker was great for those hard to reach oranges.  when i got it out of the garage, i felt like i was carrying a spear about to capture my prey, hehehe
she's really a sweet dog when she's not jumping on me

No comments: