Tuesday, May 29, 2007

camping (day 1)

When people invite me to go camping, they usually preface it with, "I don't know if you're the camping type, but ..." What? Who doesn't like camping? Based on the reactions I got when I told people I was going camping for Memorial Day weekend, it seems like a Lot of people. "What kind of camping? Sleeping bags and tents?" Absolutely! But then again, not everyone does camping the way my friends and I do camping.

Years ago, 5 of my high school friends and I went camping at Oceano right on the beach. We were so proud of ourselves for pitching our tents and cooking our meals in the great outdoors. We left our site during the day to go on excursions where we enjoyed horseback riding, wine tasting, and mineral spas. We returned to our site to find our tents askew from the wind and slowly, one at a time, our neighbors would come by to return our items that had blown into their sites.

Memorial Day weekend, 2007--Morro Strand State Beach.


all done! the Traveler's Special at Pea Soup Andersen's in Buellton is unlimited bowls of split pea soup. i finished two bowls, but our server said the record is 17.


our tent


morro means big rock/small hill


lovely sunsets, but next year maybe we'll camp where we can see stars?

No comments: