Saturday, May 05, 2007

getting hit, again

No, I'm not talking about De La Hoya or Mayweather. This was supposed to be a post about geo-caching, because that's where I was headed when I got rear-ended. 10 years with a clean driving record and within the last year I'm in a head-on collision where my car got totaled and am rear-ended twice. Today I was driving in the slow lane of the freeway, almost at my exit, when a car ahead of me pulls off the shoulder and into my lane. I slam on my brakes and stop in time, but the car behind me doesn't.

Everyone was okay. My neck and left bicep are sore. Hopefully this time I'll have a much quicker recovery. My car suffered damage to the bumper, rear right spoiler, muffler, and rear body floor pan. Also, my airbag light is on, though the airbags didn't deploy. The mechanic says it's most likely a problem with a sensor, not the computer. Sucks. So, happy Cinco de Mayo and stay safe!


"yeah, i was in a fight, but you should see the other guy."


the other guy


her airbags deployed

2 comments:

turtlepup said...

What a bummer, Amysan!!! I'm glad to hear you are okay (and your car doesn't look too bad). Hope your injuries are as slight as they seem at first. ;o)tpup

Anonymous said...

=( i'm so sorry to hear about your bad driving luck. glad that you're okay and hopefully you'll get your new car back into shape. -D