After running out of car wash soap, I started using dish-washing soap to wash my car, like most people I know. I was told that this is a bad practice, as it strips the car of its wax. "Well, what if you don't wax your car anyway?" "It's still bad. It strips the protective layer." "Yes, my car is looking less sparkly these days. Okay, then I'll go out and buy some special car soap and maybe I should wax my car, too. How do you do that? Hmm, sounds like a lot of time and trouble. Maybe I'll just go to a car wash, but my car antenna doesn't retract. I'll have to go to a place that does everything by hand."
Today it was my car's turn to get pampered. It got 45 minutes of personal attention as two attendants vacuumed, wiped, washed, and waxed. What a treat! No streak marks, they got rid of the grime on the hub caps, and even made the tires all shiny. Everyone should have a spa day.
2 comments:
ooo, i've always wanted a "hand" wash for my car... but always thought it was too expensive. but how nice they got rid of skid marks for you! extra care! i always wondered if they really do a good job and paid attention to details... 45 minutes is A LOT!! maybe one of these days i'll give my car a spa day too... =) ...it doesn't look like it'll rain anytime soon!
i think it really depends on where you go. i lucked out and found this place by my work (too far for most of you to travel) at a time when it wasn't busy and they had time for my car. i paid $25 for the wash and wax.
this link says it's a good idea to wash your car immediately after it rains. after acid rain evaporates, pollutants are left behind on your car, which can erode the paint.
http://www.afinerdetail.com/factsmythss.htm#12
Post a Comment