I spent the weekend in the bay area. My plane arrived late Saturday morning and I hit the ground shooting. My cousin and I met up with a friend at the
gun range. This time we shot pistols at 15 yards. We started with a .45 caliber 1911 and a 9mm Glock. Our friend said we shot better than most police officers. We also tried a .22 caliber pistol, which had very little recoil and felt like shooting a potato gun. Still, I was told that .22s are often used by the mob. Most of their shots are done at close range and .22s have good penetration. The bullets can pierce through the back of someone's skull without coming out the front. The bullet may just rattle around in there. "Leave the gun, bring the canolis."
I spent the rest of the weekend eating, playing tennis, and hanging out with friends and family. Good eats included: El Amigo burrito on Saturday night--a comfort food of sorts, lunch with friends at Hunan Homes, my cousin's brunch (see pics below), and barbeque on Monday night. I flew home after the BBQ. Some passengers on the plane saw fireworks out below, but I was stuck in an aisle seat :(. At least my flight arrived on time.

pimms, smoked salmon/herb cheese scramble, and currant scones

very berry cheesecake
3 comments:
what, no shout out?
shout out to winston for... i got nothin...
Post a Comment