Tuesday, October 18, 2005
making lemonade ...
when life hands you lemons. Tonight tennis got rained out, so my friends and I met at our go-to coffee house instead. We brought pictures and notes we had written to each other when we were in high school and college (back when first-class postage was $0.29 and $0.32). Hilarity ensued. We've grown, but mostly stayed the same. We still love shopping and stationery and hate the rain. We decided it was a good idea to make a reference to pop culture or current events in our future correspondence. In our letters, we found "Are you glad Clinton won?" and "I have the song by The Cover Girls in my head."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
hahaha, nice!
just yesterday i was cleaning out my file of holiday/bday cards... back to the mid80s. there were lots from you! =) hehe, remember the brown mug? but most of the stuff i read (from various people)... i was like, "huh???" couldn't place things in the right context i guess. kinda hilarious. my childhood writing was... horrific... very jumpy (er... like it is now). dah.
hmm.. i think that's a good idea about making references to current events. it'd be hilarious to read back 10 years from now!
cute! ;-)
Amy, I was so nostalgic when I got home last night. I started rummaging through my closet and stayed up until 1 o'clock just looking through old photos and reminiscing about high school. My room is turned totally upside down, but I had a blast. PS. I currently have Avril Levine's "Standing on the Bridge" song playing in my head right now. This is one of those songs that I play whenever it rains. Did I forget to mention that I really don't like the rain?
Post a Comment