Saturday, October 08, 2005
revisiting my youth
One the eve of my birthday, I went to a Green Day concert at the Home Depot Center. Green Day was my first concert ever, back in high school. I remember thinking how cool it was to stay out until 3am on a school night. This year it was on a Saturday, but it was still very cool. My friends and I had floor tickets and stood safely tucked in the second row surrounding the mosh pit. Green Day played the first five songs off their "American Idiot" album, some songs from "Dookie" (including the secret song), bits of the Isley Brothers' "Shout," Ben E. King's "Stand By Me," and Queen's "We Are The Champions." They finished with a couple more old songs and a reprise of "Minority." It was a great show, with crazy lights, pyrotechnics to rival Disney, audience participation, and tons of confetti. I had the Time of my life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Haha. Time of Your Life. Clever.
hehe... i was gonna say what wgor said. =P
i remember you introducing me to greenday! i liked it much better with you singing in the car! ... she,.... she screams in silence... haha. remember? =)
Post a Comment