Wednesday, May 04, 2005

reading

When I told my brother I was in a book club, he asked if we sat around drinking margaritas and discussing why we didn't read the book, like Marge and her friends on "The Simpsons." No, last Saturday we sat around drinking tea and discussing Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden. I've been meaning to read that book for years and the book club gave me the motivation I needed. It was a popular choice and we got into some colorful discussions. This book club has made reading fun again!

Instead of meeting at someone's house as is our usual, the girls and I gathered at Sweet Divas Cottage Bistro in Brea. It's a cute place with wonderful teas, but I've had better scones and sandwiches elsewhere. Regardless, a good time was had by all and we each left with party favors.


book and flower pen

3 comments:

w said...

what did you think of the book?

amysan said...

i had a hard time putting it down, sacrificing valuable sleep time on many nights. it is a great story, more about the journey than the destination. highly recommend.

Anonymous said...

its been a while since i've read the book... i tend for forget details... but i do remember how much i enjoyed it. what a great choice your book club made! =D food and books... sounds like a great combo!

this male author sure knew what he was writing about, huh?! i wonder how much research he had to do!