Wednesday, May 04, 2005

spanish

Tomorrow is Cinco de Mayo and what better way to celebrate than ... a potluck! Tonight yummy Mexican fare included 6-layer dip, homemade salsa, chicken enchilada casserole, Spanish rice, warm tortillas, and flan. For our activity, we played bingo in Spanish. I supplied the prizes--2 Fiesta de Colores puzzles, Boston baked beans, and party poppers that threw out streamers. What I really wanted was Mexican watermelon candy, but when I went to the local liquor store, the guy told me it was illegal to sell it. A lot of Mexican candy products have been contaminated with lead. Wholesalers no longer carry it. !Ay, caramba!


cinco de mayo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh yes... i've heard about this ban. one of my students brought some candy to class from his hallowen treats. sheesh... where are the people buying 'em!

i like your prize ideas though. =) fitting to the theme.

turtlepup said...

I learn something new everytime I log onto your blog, Amysan. Pity about the usage of lead and subsequent ban. Am very curious what the watermelon candy is like, but now I may never find out (at least, not in a leadfree manner...).