Sunday, October 02, 2005

softball

I played softball today after church. We played three games and I did okay batting, making good contact with the ball, but hitting no more than singles. At my last at-bat, I hit a foul and the new pitcher (my team) tells me to choke up on the bat. I'm pretty good at taking constructive criticism, but I thought that was unnecessary. I didn't think the aluminum bat was too big. I was actually thinking of going for a heavier one, thank you very much.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i like heavier bats too... seems like we can get a fuller, harder swing at the ball.

i take it the pitcher was a guy. bah. he should focus more on his pitching. =P

Steve said...

in those instances, you should make it a point to hit line drives back at the pitcher. That'll teach him to keep his mouth shut.

Anonymous said...

I play softball too. Our company placed second in the playoffs--league as well. I'm lucky to make a single but am proud to report I was one of the eleven scored runs that helped us win the game!!! My brother says to choke up on the bat b/c i'm shorter??? I think that was the reason. He was just flirting w/you! ;-) RN